Existing Member?

Re-discovering the Lost City of Colombia

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [990] | Scholarship Entry

The revelation that the people of the 'Lost City' were thriving today and that indeed, the city had never been lost really struck me. How could it be that this had not been emphasized until witnessing it for myself on the trek? The agency of the people inspired me and I was moved by their profound connection with nature and their commitment to live in balance with their surroundings. I wanted to share their voice. I believe that it is vital for us to listen and learn from others if we are to ensure a meaningful future for all beings. This was my first documentary video, however sharing the world and inspiring change through awareness is what drove me start making travel videos. I've studied Anthropology and Political Science at University and documentary making is the way that I hope I can continue to experience the world, share it with others and hopefully inspire them also. The scholarship would provide me with vital industry experience as well as the opportunity to learn about the issues facing Indigenous people in my home country. I’m currently living in Cairns, QLD and learning about and exploring the Great Barrier Reef.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About lostcity


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.